emolument n : compensation received by virtue of holding an office or having employment (usually in the form of wages or fees); "a clause in the U.S. constitution prevents sitting legislators from receiving emoluments from their own votes"
Compensation can refer to...
- Damages - legal term referring to the financial compensation recoverable by reason of another's breach of duty; the money paid or awarded to a plaintiff
- Remuneration, such as a wage or salary to pay people for their work
- Executive compensation
- Deferred compensation
- Nationalization compensation, compensation paid in the event of nationalization of property
- Defence mechanism, as in psychology
- Compensation (psychology)
- Compensation (engineering)
- Compensation (chess), various advantages a player has in exchange for a disadvantage
- Compensation (essay), by Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Biological compensation, the characteristic pattern of bending of the plant or mushroom stem after turning from the normal vertical position.
emolument in German: Kompensation